TDI prides itself on finding the best person for the job and building long-term relationships with staff. TDI has positions available for qualified personnel for contract work in the following areas:
TDI is actively seeking trained and experienced IEDD / EOD mentors for an ongoing contract in Mali.
- Fully qualified IEDD operators with experience in EOD, IEDD and C-IED. Recent operational experience beneficial. Proof of qualification/certification from a recognised training centre will be required.
- Prior instructor and mentoring experience beneficial.
- Extensive experience of operating within recognized IEDD/EOD Standard Operating Procedures and in the use of Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs)
- Ability to work with local nationals, interpreters, and staff.
- Able to work outside of normal schedule when required by Project Manager and project objectives.
- Self-reliant, flexible and able to work independently.
- Fluent in English, spoken and written, French speaking would be useful but not essential.
- Must be medically fit, mentally and physically robust to meet the challenge of operating in austere environments, harsh conditions and extremes of temperature.
Package on offer is as follows:
- Salary in line with current international mentor and trainers salary scale in this theatre of operations
- 12 weeks on, 3 weeks off leave rotation
- Food and accommodation provided
- Full accident and medical insurance provided
- Work clothing and equipment provided
- Internet and Satellite TV provided
- All flights to and from home base provided
TDI invite personnel with qualifications in the following areas: EOD, IEDD, CIED and SEARCH to submit their CV’s to be considered for ongoing opportunities.
Applicants should ensure their CVs highlight their area of expertise and make reference to specific mentoring/training and active experience. It is important to include the countries where applicants have worked, the company they have worked for and the dates employed on each occasion.
Certificates which show their technical qualification should be included with the submitted CV.
International Medical Trainers with the following qualifications:
Doctor, Nursing Officer, Trauma medic with an internationally recognized diploma.
Certified Instructor in either ATLS (Advanced Trauma Life Support) PHTLS (Pre Hospital Trauma Life Support) or BARTS (Battlefield Advanced Resuscitation Techniques and Skills)
Fluent in French written and spoken, proven either through native speaker or otherwise certified is preferred but not essential.
Professionals with the qualities listed below encouraged to apply to work in the field maintaining strict financial policy, dealings and records.
- Display knowledge and experience with finances, bookkeeping and budget forecasting
- Have a diploma in finance / accounting with at least 3 years working experience
- Provable strengths in Excel and MS Word
- Good communication skills
- Flexible and proactive personality
TDI is also always on the lookout for personnel with the following qualifications for potential positions:
- Programme/Project Managers from mine action and related fields, particularly in harsh remote environments
- Qualified EOD Levels 1 – 4
- Experienced C-IED experts
- Logistics Managers
- Camp Managers
- Qualified trauma medics or paramedics
- Plant Operators such as mine clearance flails, bulldozer, graders and front-end loaders