TDI prides itself on finding the best person for the job and building long-term relationships with staff. TDI has positions available for qualified personnel for contract work in the following areas:
TDI is actively seeking various staff for an upcoming mechanical and fleet maintenance contract in South Sudan.
We are actively taking applications for:
Commercial Vehicle Panel Beaters
Automotive Electro Mechanical Technicians
Automotive Air Conditioning Technicians
Hydraulic Repair Technicians
Commercial Vehicle Panel Beaters
As a repair technician, you will be required to carry out vehicle body restoration to Manufacture standards
To perform various repairs and modifications of the fleet utilizing the tools and facilities provided
Varying degree of vehicle damage thus, repairs include, although not limited to, panel spraying, scuff refurbishment, alloy wheel correction, and strip and fit. Metal, fiberglass and plastic vehicle body work repairs are also a requirement.
Perform preventative and proactive maintenance in line with manufacturers policy ensuring equipment is compliant with all aspects of safety and legal legislation in a cost effective manner.
As a minimum, candidates must hold the following
Certificate in Panel Beating and Spray Painting
Minimum of 5 years at trade
Minimum 3 years’ experience with Heavy vehicles
Documented experience of minimum 3 years in conducting repairs in austere environments.
Automotive Electro Mechanical Technician
The position requires the incumbent to carry out electrical works including:
Also required is the ability to fit electronic equipment to standard defined by the Motor Vehicle Retail and Repair Industry with the minimum of supervision at any TDI Workshops or sites.
As a minimum, candidates must hold the following qualifications or similar.
Level 3 Diploma in Auto Electrical and Mobile Electrical Competence
Level 3 Diploma in Auto Electrical and Mobile Electrical Principles
BTEC HNC Diploma in Automotive Diagnostics and Management Principles
City & Guilds (4121) Certificate in Advanced Automotive Diagnostic Techniques
Minimum of 7 years at trade
Minimum 5 years’ experience with Heavy vehicles
Automotive Air Conditioning Technician
Professionals with the qualities listed below are encouraged to apply for the position of Automotive Air-Conditioning Technician.
Perform vehicle maintenance to Manufacture standards.
Diagnose all phases of vehicle A/C repair.
Perform preventative maintenance on the A/C system on the fleet.
Conduct repairs of each affected A/C system.
Air Conditioning Technician Requirements:
Technical Training Preferred
Documented minimum 3 years’ transit or heavy duty A/C repair experience.
Ability to work with local nationals, interpreters, and staff.
Self-reliant, flexible and able to work independently.
Must be medically fit, mentally and physically robust to meet the challenge of operating in austere environments.
The position requires the incumbent to perform the following non-exhaustive list of duties:
Managing the day to day Fleet requirements to ensure that operational commitments are met throughout the duration of the contract.
Ensuring the strict control of all spare parts are recorded on an accurate and up to date electronic inventory
Sourcing, storage and distribution of all workshop fuel and lubricant requirements in conjunction with the Operations Manager.
Sourcing and procurement of all Workshop spares requirement in conjunction with the Operations Manager.
Submission of monthly reports as dictated by the Project Management team.
These could include but is not limited to the following;
Monthly vehicle status
Weekly Status report.
Ensure expenditure on vehicle spares, repairs, serivce and fuel usage are inside any budgeted limits set by the project management team
Ensure expenditure on Generator repair, service and fuel usage is within any stipulated budgeted limits set by the project management team.
Respond to any fair and reasonable requests by the project management team
Hydraulic Repair Technician
The position requires the individual to conduct prescribed inspections to insure vehicles meet the standards required by the applicable state for their safe operation. The Hydraulic Repair Technician is responsible for repairs and rebuilds on hydraulic equipment including hydraulic cylinders, hydraulic pumps and motors, valves and related hydraulic equipment.
Responsibilities of the role:
With minimal supervision, the Hydraulic Repair Technician will evaluate the equipment and determine the reason for the failure, generate a parts list and perform timely repairs.
Provide technical resources for others in the organization.
Assist with field service work as needed.
Coordinate efforts with all appropriate departments and personnel to ensure complete restoration of vehicle.
Adhere to strict Safety Guidelines.
Applications with the following requirements are invited to apply for this position:
Experience working with and on hydraulic components and equipment.
Ability to read and understand hydraulic schematics
Excellent observation skills.
Good mechanical aptitude with the ability to detect technical discrepancies and malfunctions.
Understanding of the proper use of all repair tools, testing machinery and equipment.
TDI is actively seeking trained and experienced IEDD / EOD mentors for an ongoing contract in Mali.
- Fully qualified IEDD operators with experience in EOD, IEDD and C-IED. Recent operational experience beneficial. Proof of qualification/certification from a recognised training centre will be required.
- Prior instructor and mentoring experience beneficial.
- Extensive experience of operating within recognized IEDD/EOD Standard Operating Procedures and in the use of Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs)
- Ability to work with local nationals, interpreters, and staff.
- Able to work outside of normal schedule when required by Project Manager and project objectives.
- Self-reliant, flexible and able to work independently.
- Fluent in English, spoken and written, French speaking would be useful but not essential.
- Must be medically fit, mentally and physically robust to meet the challenge of operating in austere environments, harsh conditions and extremes of temperature.
Package on offer is as follows:
- Salary in line with current international mentor and trainers salary scale in this theatre of operations
- 12 weeks on, 3 weeks off leave rotation
- Food and accommodation provided
- Full accident and medical insurance provided
- Work clothing and equipment provided
- Internet and Satellite TV provided
- All flights to and from home base provided
TDI invite personnel with qualifications in the following areas: EOD, IEDD, CIED and SEARCH to submit their CV’s to be considered for ongoing opportunities.
Applicants should ensure their CVs highlight their area of expertise and make reference to specific mentoring/training and active experience. It is important to include the countries where applicants have worked, the company they have worked for and the dates employed on each occasion.
Certificates which show their technical qualification should be included with the submitted CV.
International Medical Trainers with the following qualifications:
Doctor, Nursing Officer, Trauma medic with an internationally recognized diploma.
Certified Instructor in either ATLS (Advanced Trauma Life Support) PHTLS (Pre Hospital Trauma Life Support) or BARTS (Battlefield Advanced Resuscitation Techniques and Skills)
Fluent in French written and spoken, proven either through native speaker or otherwise certified is preferred but not essential.
Professionals with the qualities listed below encouraged to apply to work in the field maintaining strict financial policy, dealings and records.
- Display knowledge and experience with finances, bookkeeping and budget forecasting
- Have a diploma in finance / accounting with at least 3 years working experience
- Provable strengths in Excel and MS Word
- Good communication skills
- Flexible and proactive personality
TDI is also always on the lookout for personnel with the following qualifications for potential positions:
- Programme/Project Managers from mine action and related fields, particularly in harsh remote environments
- Qualified EOD Levels 1 – 4
- Experienced C-IED experts
- Logistics Managers
- Camp Managers
- Qualified trauma medics or paramedics
- Plant Operators such as mine clearance flails, bulldozer, graders and front-end loaders